Greens and Bananas

Greater mental clarity? More Spiritually intune? Greater resistance to Aging and Disease? My adventures in the raw food/vegetarian lifestyle and how I am becoming all I was meant to be.

Monday, March 20, 2006

First day of Green Cleanse

I am looking forward to the Green Smoothie Challenge. Frederic Patenaude and Victoria Boutenko are the 'sponsers' of this 7 day long challenge.

In a nutshell, those who are participating are to consume nothing but green smoothies.
Green smoothies are any greens such as spinach, mustard greens, celery, etc. that are blended with fruits like bananas or apples to make them more palatable. We can have a few fruits and vegetables as well but they will be more like light snacks outside of the actual smoothie meal.

So far, today has gone well. Our entire family is on the challenge.
Here is what I have had so far today:

My first meal was about 2 cups worth of turnip greens with 2 bananas a stalk of celery and 1 date that I had soaked overnight. It was pretty good!
I shared this with my 7year old, my 3 year old and my 1 year old.
The 7 year old said it was just 'ok', the 3 year old drank it partway and then didn't want any more. The 1 year old seemed to like it and drank it out of his sippy cup for most of the morning until it was gone.

Next we shared a bowl of red seedless grapes, which everyone liked. I wish I had grapes with the seeds. Although not as convenient to eat, I'm learning that fruit that has it's ability to reproduce is better for a person.

I'll give some more details on what other stuff we ate later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home