Greens and Bananas

Greater mental clarity? More Spiritually intune? Greater resistance to Aging and Disease? My adventures in the raw food/vegetarian lifestyle and how I am becoming all I was meant to be.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Great tasting purple!

When I went to the grocery store yesterday I picked up some more greens and fruit.
I knew it would take a lot of produce to see me through the week but Oh, my gosh!

Anyway, I purchased what I thought was Kale but when I got home the little twist tie holding the bunch together said Curly Mustard - are those one in the same? I'll have to look it up. I also bought some Watercress, radishes with their greens attached, 2 different types of mangoes and some red tipped leaf lettuce.
Here's what I've had so far today:
2 smoothies made with-

1 bunch watercress
1 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
2 ripe bananas
1 soaked date
1 1/2 cup water

I made this recipe last night also but with 2 soaked dates. If I would have tasted the watercress before blending it I would have realized that they don't have a very heavy green taste and don't require much sweetening (at least to me - I have a high tolerence for the 'green' taste.) My husband liked this blend much better than some of my other, thicker, brighter greener concoctions. As a matter of fact, this drink was purple! I think I have a winner with this one, at least as far as getting him to drink it goes.
Also today I had a couple of tumblers (the tumblers hold about 3 cups worth)of:

5 red tipped lettuce leaves
2 cups of cubbed mangos
1 ripe banana
1 1/2 cup of water

This wasn't too bad. I like the taste of mangos by themselves but they seem to lose themselves in the drinks I have made. I think I need to add lots more of it if I really want to get that 'note' to strike strong.
The drink I enjoyed the most today was also not green but more magenta-y:
5 red tipped lettuce leaves
2 cups of cubbed mangos
1 ripe banana
1 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
1 1/2 cup water

This really hit the spot for me! My 3yr old also seemed to like it as well (gasp!) so I will be making that again before the day/night is over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home