Greens and Bananas

Greater mental clarity? More Spiritually intune? Greater resistance to Aging and Disease? My adventures in the raw food/vegetarian lifestyle and how I am becoming all I was meant to be.

Thursday, March 23, 2006

More Fruits Than Greens

Today was one of those days when I was in the car more than at home.
Consequently, I ate a bit more fruit than green smoothies.
This morning, I made the following combination:

5 or 6 leaves of escarole
5 or 6 leaves of romaine
3 bananas (1 which was frozen)
about 1 cup of frozen raspberries
2 soaked dates
about 2 cups of water

This blend was just ok. The escarole had a bit of a bitter taste to me and since I had added so much it was almost on the verge of overpowering the drink.
The more I drank though, it didn't bother me too much.

This evening was more romaine lettuce blended with 2 bananas about 1/4 cup of frozen raspberries and 1 1/2 cup of water.

Between these two smoothies, I had a cantaloupe, about 3 bananas, 1 apple, and a salad.

In a side note, as a reminder to myself, I used the leg press machine at the gym today and pressed 210lbs with both my whole legs as well as just using my toes so I could work my calves. I did 6 reps with my whole leg and about 10 focusing on my calves.
I am trying a bit of an experiment. I just started working out at the 1st of March. I was really sore the 1st two times I went. Lately, I have had NO soreness to my muscles, despite using what I feel are heavy weights and feeling burning sensations while working out. I am wondering if the green smoothies/increased raw food is healing my torn muscles so that I don't have the typical next day soreness.
I worked my muscles pretty good today so I will report tomorrow on how I feel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home