Greens and Bananas

Greater mental clarity? More Spiritually intune? Greater resistance to Aging and Disease? My adventures in the raw food/vegetarian lifestyle and how I am becoming all I was meant to be.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Feeling "ho-hum" with fruits/vegs

Today was just a 'blah' day in general. I wonder if this is a part of the 'emotional detox' everyone talks about when you go raw?
I had between 5-6lbs of grapes today; both the crimson/red and the dark purple. The dark purple are really good and sweet and really satisfying to my sweet tooth but even those weren't that appealing today.
I also had one whole mango but it wasn't quite ripe enough.
I finished the day at about 8pm with a green smoothie made of 2 bananas and about 5 leaves of lettuce.
My middle child, the 4 yr old, has been suffering with a bad case of poison oak for the past few days. I can't stop him from scratching. I have given him Benadryl off and on per the doctor's recommendation but I hate to keep drugging him up. Him and the other kids are on fruit only for their breakfasts so I am hoping the enhanced nutrition is helping him heal from the inside. Oh, he also has been taking a liquid steroid medicine.
A rice and bean burrito sure would be good right about now. With chips and salsa.
I guess I should go to bed now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home