Greens and Bananas

Greater mental clarity? More Spiritually intune? Greater resistance to Aging and Disease? My adventures in the raw food/vegetarian lifestyle and how I am becoming all I was meant to be.

Friday, March 24, 2006

Final Day of Green Cleanse

Well I made it through the 5 days.
Today was another 'blah' kind of day as far as the cleanse goes.
I had pear for breakfast and then a little later made a smoothie of romaine lettuce, bananas and mango. It just didn't seem very satisfying.

Later I had another pear and a smoothie made of turnip greens and bananas. That combo was a little better.

My bowels seem to be congested.

My gluteus muscles are just the slightest bit sore but my thighs,calves, chest, and shoulders are fine despite the weight workout I did yesterday.

This evening I had a salad that my husband brought from the grocery store salad bar. It had eggs and imitation crab meat in it. Then I went ahead and had some store bought salsa with chips.

Not sure what to make of this 5 days. I didn't really lose any weight, my bowel movements aren't like I thought they would be, and I didn't have any real 'burst of energy' like so many others describe.

Green smoothies ARE something that I will continue but as a supplement to my regular raw foods and regular eating habits. I don't plan on going back to the SAD diet but I'm not sure where I'm heading diet-wise. I will continue educating myself and pressing forward in a healthy, nutritional direction as best as I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home