Greens and Bananas

Greater mental clarity? More Spiritually intune? Greater resistance to Aging and Disease? My adventures in the raw food/vegetarian lifestyle and how I am becoming all I was meant to be.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Am I Healthier for Having Started Green Smoothies?

Yes and No. I went to a health fair today. All of my numbers were pretty good: blood pressure 116/80, pulse 88, blood glucose 76, cholesterol 153. I am overweight though. Hopefully by the next time I go to a health fair, probably in June, I will be at my correct weight.

I don't completely credit green smoothies for my good numbers though. As I look back through the personal health files I keep for myself, the numbers are very, very similar. So over about a 15 year period, I have remained in a consistent range.

Now considering I have been on green smoothies for less than 1 month, I guess I can't expect a whole lot. As a matter of fact, as far as short term results go, I expect the shedding of weight to be a greater impacter of my numbers than even the green smoothies; although ACHIEVING that weight loss will come from sticking with the green smoothies and exercise.

At the next health fair, I plan to be prepared to pay the extra money to get a complete blood chemistry so I can have a greater picture of what's happening in my body.

I am also hoping to eventually get some other screenings like Darkfield Microscopy(live blood viewing), and the antioxident screening Mike Adams recommends - can't remember the name of it though. An iridology check would be great also.

Meanwhile I'll be staying the course with my green smoothies; they definetly can't hurt and I'm looking forward to more pronounced long-term benefits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home