Greens and Bananas

Greater mental clarity? More Spiritually intune? Greater resistance to Aging and Disease? My adventures in the raw food/vegetarian lifestyle and how I am becoming all I was meant to be.

Friday, April 07, 2006

Brussel Sprout Smoothie

O.K. So I found a cute little bag of tiny brussel sprouts on sale at the store. I don't really like brussel sprouts COOKED but, hey, I'm not gonna be eating these cooked so why not?

I put a couple of bananas in my Vitamix and about a cups worth of mango. "Hmmm", I thought, "I don't want this mixture too sweet." "I better add TWO brussel sprout balls" (instead of the ONE I originally had planned on).

Well, it started out not to bad. A bit of a 'spicy green' taste mixed in with the sweetness. 3 or 4 sips later my stomach begins to feel kinda funny. Before the end of my approximate 4-5 cups worth, I can DEFINITELY tell that this is NOT a good combo for me! My stomach feels rumbly and a bit queasy and can't get anymore down.

It might have been OK if I had just stuck to the 1 brussel sprout but I figured these would be pretty mild. I had even bit a little bit of the leaf of one sprout to see what they tasted like raw before adding them to the blender. It had a kind of cabbage taste to it. Is that sulfur in cabbage that gives it that taste?

I won't discount the brussel sprouts, but will only use 1/2 to 1 piece from now on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home